I remember back in the days when my parents would put on some R&B while we cleaning the house. When Aretha Franklin would come on and everyone would start singing R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We will miss the Queen of Soul.
For her this week we made Banana Chocolate Muffins.
- 4 Very Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter (cooled)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup of your favorite milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 Degree F.
- Grease your muffin tins
- Peel bananas and throw them in a big bowl with the melted butter and smash it all together with a fork. Tip: You can freeze your rip bananas if you aren’t going to use them right away. Just remember to peel them before you freeze them.
- Keep blending until the mixture is creamy and smooth, not chunky.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Stir in salt and baking soda.
- Add flour and chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Divide into muffin tins.
- Bake until cake tester or toothpick pulls out cleanly for about 18-20 minute